No, carrots do not grow on trees

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Home Made Air Conditioning


What your seeing is a home made air conditioner. This novel idea has even made it onto our local news. I saw this a while back and I have really wanted to make it, except I just plain don't have the money... But I think I may do it anyway. I live in an unairconditioned dorm while I'm at school. Can yall imagine that? Yeah, hot... Texas without AC. Do yall know that Twilight Zone episode called the Hottest Day Ever?(or something like that), well thats about right. In our dorm, they found it necessary to not only keep it unairconditioned, but make it against the rules to bring in a window unit. Because of that, this may be a suitable option... *Click Here*
In other news, I think the new banner has been chosen. Yall wanted Calvin and Hobbes on the new banner, so there ya have it! I really appreciate everyones feedback. I know it wasn't life changing, but I thought it was good to give people a choice.
note: I dont know what compelled me to open my blog up in internet explorer, but I did... And apparently it was WAaaay messed up. It should be fixed now, but if that happens again, yall tell me right away(if you can).
Again, I wanted to thank yall for your help and I ecourage yall as always to post comments and such. I read every comment and I go to every one of your blogs.
Well, take care and I'm off to bed... Posted by Hello

4 Comments:

  • At 6/22/2005 7:02 AM, Blogger cube said…

    Yeah, Florida gets pretty hot too,
    but just like in that Twilight Zone ep, the heat is way better than the cold. Brrr.

     
  • At 6/22/2005 7:24 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    I remember that episode! Didn't it turn out that the Earth was actually getting farther from the sun and colder, only she thought it was getting hotter because she was sick and had a horrible fever?

    That looks like a neat cooling unit. I hope it works. No AC in Texas? That's pretty close to murder, isn't it?

     
  • At 6/22/2005 8:31 PM, Blogger SeniorGato said…

    Yep, thats the episode. I wasn't sure anyone else would get it :)
    Luckily I come back home to my parents house during the summer. But I still have to sweat out three months of heat when I get back to school.

     
  • At 6/22/2005 10:31 PM, Blogger Thao said…

    That's a pretty cool fan you got going there. And the new banner looks great. Thanks for visiting and commenting. Every once in a while, The Alamo theater will have interesting movies and associated activities. Mr. Sinus Theater being one of them. I saw Hitchhiker's there and people were decked out in their bathrobe and swinging their towels.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home