No, carrots do not grow on trees

Friday, April 29, 2005

The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

*Only one small spoiler* *just a little thing about Trillian*
Yep, went to go see it... And I brought my towel! It was excellent! I really really enjoyed it. It was simply! Too short... 2 hours long, and it was too short. It felt rushed! Really, it was excellent! It's obvious they didn't have enough room for all the jokes and had to cut it down, but they did a really good job. Actually, I can barely remember any of it... It's like a dream... I watched the whole thing and was laughing the whole time, but damned if I can remember any of it! This may be confounding logic, but it's so good I can't remember a thing about it... Except mabee one thing... Trillian and Arthur had some relationship thing going, which wasn't in the book, but hey, it's Douglas Adams movie and if thats what he wants, it's what he wants! I highly suggest going to see it. It's really very good, and besides the 10 of us who went to see it together(all with towels) no other giant dorks were there. So I promise yall won't feel too weird. :-)

6 Comments:

  • At 4/30/2005 1:41 AM, Blogger Keely Van Brocklin Emery said…

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    My fiance and I went to see it tonight with a friend of ours & we loved it too. Some new characters and changes, but completely enjoyable. Do you think the whales' voice was that of Eddie Izzard? It's driving me crazy not knowing.

    We didn't get the Serenity preview before our showing and we were sort of disappointed. Got to view it with the link you posted, but we were looking forward to seeing it on the big screen.

     
  • At 4/30/2005 12:05 PM, Blogger SeniorGato said…

    Yeah, I was very dissapointed about the Serenity preview not playing... We just figured we got there late :( The creator of Firefly and Serenity mentioned it would be shown on a movie opening the day of hitchhikers and he said, "I bet you can't guess which one"... Of course, Josh Weedon has a sense of humor like that.

     
  • At 4/30/2005 11:49 PM, Blogger Nanette said…

    I saw it last night, too. I hadn't read the book, but I enjoyed the flick. That's cool that you brought a towel! :)

     
  • At 5/02/2005 4:30 AM, Blogger the Barefoot mama said…

    I still haven't seen it, and I'm dying here! Hopefully I'll get to see it tonight, we had sick toddlers on opening night... damn kids ;) gotta love 'em

     
  • At 5/03/2005 12:28 PM, Blogger cube said…

    It's Douglas Adams' book(s), but he's dead, so I'm not sure how much of an influence he had on the movie.

     
  • At 5/04/2005 11:33 AM, Blogger SeniorGato said…

    Cube> You could definitely tell he had a lot of influence on it :) It felt incredibly Adams :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home