No, carrots do not grow on trees

Friday, July 01, 2005

Air Speed Velocity of an Unladen Swallow


What is the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow? Well, here ya go. I know, I know... But it's one of those things you show your physics professor. :-) *Click Here*
I'm annoyed a bit. My parents got back from San Fransisco with my phone. I was psyched. They brought chocolate and t-shirts. However, it turns out the picture server thing is down. I took a few pictures of the setup, but I'm having trouble getting them off. I havn't had trouble like this before, so I wonder whats going on. I've been scouting for fun articles and such, but I hate to say it, but they're all too heavy... How 80's of me to say... Well, who wants to know about the supreme court justice retiring or whatever. It's important, but it just doesn't make for good reading.
Well, I take that back. There was another really cool article I ran across. Leonardo Da Vinci painted in layers. Scientists have discovered a painting beneath a painting. I thought this was pretty neat. *Click Here* Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

  • At 7/05/2005 1:02 AM, Blogger Jen said…

    Wow, that's really interesting about the whole DaVinci thing. Remember when Rob and Laura Petrie bought a painting by some nobody named Artanis and scrubbed it until they found a painting underneath it and went to get the other painting appraised because they thought it was a Grant Wood, only it wasn't? And it turned out that the nobody was Frank Sinatra (Artanis spelled backwards) and they'd ruined a valuable painting...or am I the only one who watched that much Dick van Dyke as a kid? Anyway, I bet they wish they'd had this technology then!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home