No, carrots do not grow on trees

Saturday, August 26, 2006

S P O R E


If you have been out of the loop for a while, the world has in fact been spinning... But when I say spinning, lets say, Will Wright, maker of The Sims 1 and 2, Sim City, Sim Earth, Sim Ant, Sim City 2000/3000, Sim Tower, Sim Earth etc etc has been working on his masterpiece. Something that is homage to his previous works, while being absolutely and completely 100% new. I can tell you what it's about, but it's better to let Will Wright tell you. Check out this link. First Spore Footage. Spore at E3.
Okay, but lets save you some time. This is what makes the game unlike anything you've ever seen before. I'd list, but I think it'll flow better ranting. Have you ever wanted to play the universe game. You make create and populate an entire universe, but it's way more cool than that. I am at a loss for words. I can't describe it well enough. But you build an populate the universe from bacteria to universal conquest or peace.
The entire universe is populated from other peoples content! It has a built in content creation platform that gives the user the opportunity to populate the world! From plants, planes, to the creatures of the universe, users make it! It uploads to a server then distrubutes, populating, not only your world, but other planets, which you can work your way to visiting! It's not just civilization, or just sim city, or just the sims... It's all of that, and more. All put into one game. I say again, I cannot do this justice by stating it's features. Please, check out the links.

First Spore Footage. YouTube link pt 1/2. YouTube link 2/2.
Spore at E3. YouTube link.
The Spore Homepage.

5 Comments:

  • At 8/27/2006 8:13 AM, Blogger MsDemmie said…

    Oh wow ......... I think I may have a new addiction approaching ....... this looks amazing

     
  • At 8/27/2006 4:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    There is no question that my life is over when this game comes out. Everquest, WoW and Oblivion have taken their share of my life clicks, but nothing will suck away my hours more than this. It's both awesome and deadly.

     
  • At 8/28/2006 9:37 AM, Blogger Jod{i} said…

    Cool game spent part of the morn checking it out!

     
  • At 8/28/2006 10:50 AM, Blogger SeniorGato said…

    Hey thanks everyone for taking me at my word. I fell in love with the game as soon as I saw it, so I just knew yall would love it. Welcome newcomers, it's nice to hear from yall.

     
  • At 8/28/2006 2:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This game really looks great. I'm certain to be addicted. I've played all the sime games for hours on end as they came out (except for "The Sims", I didn't really go for that) -- all the way back to Sim Ant, Sim Earth and Sim Life. This one seems to bring it all together. Wow!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home