No, carrots do not grow on trees

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Linux......................... *sigh*

Computer broken....... Using Kororaa Linux, Its definately eye candy. But for some unknown reason, it's gone to Hell. I tried installing it on a second hard drive , but now it can't boot from either hard drive. Very..... Annoying...
Meh, I hate when this stuff happens...
On the plus side, I'm operating off a kororaa linux boot disc at the moment. Gah, I hate when this happens. Every time I try to load Linux! Every time! Gah! So, I'm going to drive 3 hours to get another disc... No job means I can do things impulsive I guess, but I ain't spending 100s of bucks to get windows, when I can get it for 30...
The whole situation stinks.

Update: Fixed

6 Comments:

  • At 9/21/2006 11:13 AM, Blogger cube said…

    Sorry to hear. I can't stand dealing with computer hassles either. Hope you are able to resolve the problem.

    But, hey, at least you have a working car ;-)

     
  • At 9/21/2006 7:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dude, why not Ubuntu? It's the most reliable Linux distro I've ever used.

     
  • At 9/22/2006 11:40 AM, Blogger SeniorGato said…

    Kororaa is actually a moded version of Ubuntu. But honestly, I dont know linux too well and I got in trouble I guess. Anyway, all fixed up and back to Windows. I'll give it another try in due time.

     
  • At 9/24/2006 1:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi there!

    Sorry to see you're having such troubles with Kororaa and Linux. As a Linux user myself, I know how it feels when things go wrong.

    However, I've always found that searching online can normally get you the solution to almost any problem you might encounter. I myself have broken and fixed more installs of various distributions of Linux myself and I'm still very happy with my Ubuntu machine. :)

    Btw, Kororaa is actually a variant of Gentoo, not Ubuntu. If you really like the eye candy of Kororaa (better known as XGL and Compiz) you can get it with Ubuntu as well. Drop me an email at boy@strange-exchange.com if you want me to send you some links to how to get this done. :)

    In the meantime, all the best with Kororaa!

    -B

     
  • At 9/24/2006 9:34 AM, Blogger SeniorGato said…

    Oh right, yeah, Gentoo. Thanks Boy for the offer, I might take you up on it, but right now I don't think I'll be chasing Linux. I'll leave that for another time I think.

     
  • At 9/30/2006 3:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yep, I'd definitely suggest Ubuntu instead. Get the foundations working before adding in eye candy :)

    You should find that Ubuntu will work out of the box. Then you can add in as much or as little as you like.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home